As noted in the companion post about books, I’ll be keeping track of every movie I watch this year, with particular attention to the ones that move me in some serious way, positive or negative. Hopefully I can turn you onto some things you might not have otherwise found.
I’ll update this periodically.
Media Diet 2019: Movies
- The Tale
- Fyre Fraud
- First Reformed
- A Shot in the Dark—The Peter Sellers Pink Panther movies are way funnier today than I would have ever expected.
- Get Out—Just as good as everyone said.
- Bad Reputation
- Salad Days
- The Informant—How had I not seen this? Hilarious.
- Velvet Buzzsaw—No thanks.
- High Flying Bird
- Hold the Dark—Deeply flawed, for sure, but I find myself coming back to thinking about it a lot. Worth a watch.
- Double Lover—How very French.
- What We Do in the Shadows
- US—Not as polished as Get Out, but there’s so much going on in it, and parts are so scary, it’s still great.
- Pet Sematary—No.
- Speed—Another great movie I can’t believe I’d never seen.
- Mission Impossible: Fallout
- Destroyer—Not as good as The Invitation, and too long, but it’s got such a clear, stark point of view, and moves so powerfully even though it’s too long. Really liked it.
- Body at Brighton Rock
- Horror Noire